The Howell Family

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I'm so impressed!





I went to a cake decorating class put on by a lady in our ward and it was SOOO fun! We were supposed to take a 9x13 cake to practice on, but i took the liberty of taking a barbie cake. I know i will be making a pink one in june so i thought i would get some practice now... plus london would just think it was a special day if we had a barbie cake! London was slightly disappointed with how it turned out, but we learned later it was only because her dress was brown, not pink! I learned all kinds of fun things and i was quite impressed with my final product. Tonight we are having some neighbors over for a cake party...i hope it tastes good too! But it's hard to go wrong with chocolate cake and chocolate frosting!

7 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Wow. You did an amazing job. I tried making one of these once but it ended up looking like a parapelegic wearing a garbage sack. Yours looks awesome. Professional! Before I read the entry I thought that you bought it. Nice.

11:28 PM  
Blogger The Palmer family said...

Hey Ali!! I am so glad you found my blog and that we can keep in touch this way. I need to figure out how to get your email address so we can catch up. Your family is so cute? Good job on the cakes, they look so pretty.
Kami

6:53 PM  
Blogger The Palmer family said...

Oops, I meant to use a ! instead of a ? what a nerd, huh.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Melynda said...

Ali I must say I am WAY impressed!! You did an amazing job! I DO NOT think I could ever do that :) I maybe one day will attempt it, but you must just be a natural :) Way to go! And I must say that I would prefer chocolate, but to a little girl, brown would be the most boring color for a dress...of course she wants pink :)

1:49 PM  
Blogger Vause Family said...

Ali, you rock!

6:07 PM  
Blogger leah said...

Ali, What the heck? Its wonderful. I cant believe you made that. If you would like to come to Utah the 1st of May and make a cake for Kayta's birthday I would love it.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Four Winns said...

What the crap! That is awesome. That Mitzi knows what she's doing. I might have to hire you to make a Barbie cake for my birthday :o)

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home